Tuesday, February 24, 2009

GRANDPA FIFE


It's with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to my Grandpa Fife. He passed away Sunday evening after struglling with Alzheimers. It's good that he is in a better place and reunited with his loved ones that have passed before him but it's still a little sad to say goodbye to grandpa. One of my foundest memories of Grandpa was when we were all in the mountains having a picnic and grandpa placed Austin, who was mabye 1 years old, on his lap and took him for a ride on his scooter. I took their picture as they raced down the street both of them smiling and having fun. Even though grandpa was at times grumpy and didn't hold back with expressing his opinion, I loved his great smile. It made him look like the cute little old man he really was. Love you grandpa and I will miss you!!

0 comments: